Exa Corporation is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our technical documentation team. In this role, you will write technical documentation that enables our users to solve business problems using Exa’s software. This content (in the form of online help, user guides, and best practices) addresses the needs of multiple audiences, including business users and technical implementers. You will work with stakeholders across the organization to write effective documentation that supports the use of Exa’s suite of products by engineers across the world.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze the information needs of users.
- Understand the technology and applications for which documentation is required.
- Collaborate with developers and managers to clarify technical issues.
- Work with subject matter experts, product management, and in-house users to write effective documentation.
- Write, edit, and publish documentation according to company standards.
- Using hands-on testing, specifications, and product demonstrations, update the documentation to reflect the product changes.
- Coordinate and prepare illustrations.
- Self-review and copy-edit the product documentation.
- Deliver progress and status reports to management and other stakeholders.
- Check the documentation against the product GUIs to verify that all screen captures are up-to-date and every field is documented.
- Resolve support issues related to documentation.
- BA/BS; minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical writer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to edit technical documents for grammar, content, and writing style.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, and web technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to understand complex technologies and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the Agile development process would be helpful.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title: Senior Technical Writer in the subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer