Exa Corporation is looking for a high-energy candidate to join our Off-Highway field application team, a function of the Heavy Vehicle North America division. Reporting to a Technical Director, the Technical Account Manager will have technical responsibility for one or more customer accounts and help shape the commercial strategy.
Responsibilities include development of strategic business initiatives with Sales Executive and field leadership, identification of opportunities to take advantage of PowerFLOW to improve customer products, ensure overall customer success, work cooperatively with the technical and sales team on “Proof-of-Concept” projects to demonstrate value and build confidence for new customer applications, and build rapport with key decision makers and develops technical sponsors at assigned accounts.
Lead major projects and interactions with assigned accounts to solve challenging multi-disciplinary design problems using Exa’s PowerFLOW software solutions.
Provide direction and guidance to a team of Application Engineers responsible for providing analysis allowing customers to optimize machine design to meet airflow, thermal, and noise requirements.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in applied CFD (computational fluid dynamics) in a product development environment
- Solid knowledge of fluid dynamic fundamentals
- 2 years’ minimum account manager / project lead experience at North American supplier
- Working knowledge of diesel engine and powertrain cooling systems
- ITAR experience required
- Experience providing customer support, consulting, or related customer facing activities
- Outstanding English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25% domestic)
- Experience with optimization methods and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Familiarity with other CAE (computer aided engineering) applications
- Familiarity with physical test methods (i.e. wind tunnel testing)
- Knowledge of Agricultural Machinery, Construction Equipment, Heavy Vehicles, or Rail
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title: Technical Account Manager in the Subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer