Candidates: MSCS Students or Recent MSCS Graduates
Interests: Systems Simulation, Controls, CFD, Thermal Systems
Terms: Full Time Internship - 6 Months or more
Start Date: Fall 2017
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Exa Corporation is seeking MSCS, MSEE, or MSME engineering students or recent graduates to fill Application Engineering internships in our Livonia, Michigan location. You will report directly to an Application Engineer working in the Thermal Management team. We are interested in candidates with experience in systems modeling particularly motivated in learning more about simulating vehicle and combining 3D simulations with system simulations. You will receive training and be expected to become a proficient user of PowerFLOW, Exa’s flagship product, and its related pre- and post-analysis tools. You will also be working with systems tools and combining them with PowerFLOW to create new capabilities for vehicle simulation.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an application engineering management team working on-site at Exa’s field office in Livonia, Michigan. Exa’s suite of innovative software simulation products impacts how Computational Fluid Dynamics is used in many industrial settings worldwide.
As an Application Engineer Intern, you will:
- Gain extensive experience with commercial CFD pre-processing and post-processing software
- Develop innovative ideas and concepts to automate the simulation methodologies
- Assist Application Engineers in creating simulations that combine 3D simulations with system simulations.
- Create training material, marketing material, and communicate results
The successful candidates will be driven for excellence, have high aptitude for communication and can work individually and in a team environment. This position offers great opportunities to learn as much as you are capable of handling about the automation, simulation, and system modeling of vehicle numerical design. Candidates with experience in simulating air conditioning systems, thermal management systems and vehicle powertrains are preferred.
- Enrolled in MS program in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, CFD, Automation, or related discipline. Recent MS graduates will be considered.
- Course/lab experience using system tools such as GT SUITE, Simulink, Dymola, or Modelica.
- Good script programming abilities.
- Strong desire for continuous learning.
- Good English written/verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work effectively individually and in a fast-paced team environment.
*Current US Work Authorization Required* For immediate consideration, please send your resume with Job Title: Application Engineer Intern – Systems Modeling in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer