Exa Corporation’s growing Simulator Development Team seeks a talented software developer with a strong background in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and object-oriented development in C++. This role will provide an intellectually challenging opportunity, responsibility and career growth as you contribute to the development of Power FLOW, an innovative simulation product used by thousands of end-users globally. You will be a key member of the team developing the PowerFLOW simulator, a unique hybrid of Lattice Boltzmann technology and PDE solvers. The PowerFLOW simulator scales to thousands of processors and is routinely used in production on systems of that size. Many such systems world-wide are dedicated entirely to running PowerFLOW.
Role & Responsibilities:
As we push to dramatically improve the performance and scalability of the PowerFLOW simulator, and extend its use into a variety of new application areas, you will contribute your expertise in this critical role. The focus of this position will be on extending scalability to tens of thousands of processors, using specialized parallel architectures (e.g. IBM Blue Gene) and GPUs to accelerate simulations, dynamic load balancing, and new functionality including moving geometry and adaptive resolution. Responsibilities will include software requirements analysis, design, project planning, implementation and testing.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- 3 years of experience with industrial engineering software development.
- A strong background in designing/developing complex software systems.
- Strong computer science background.
- Significant experience with parallel processing.
- Experience with scientific programming.
- Proficient in C++.
- Strong independent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a team.
- Solid English verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for learning and contributing towards collective goals.
Education & Experience:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or equivalent field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing industrial engineering software.
Experience in the following areas is considered a plus:
- Numerical methods
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: Senior Software Engineer - Scientific/Parallel Processing in the subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer