Role & Responsibilities:
Exa Corporation is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Software Engineer for its Geometry Group. The ideal professional will have a strong background in computational geometry algorithms with expertise in solid/surface modeling, geometry representation, mesh generation, mesh modification, morphing, mesh quality improvement and reverse engineering algorithms. He/she should also be well versed with the overall architecture for developing state of the art geometry software with advanced geometry and meshing core components and a highly sophisticated front end. This position offers the candidate an opportunity to take significant responsibility and leadership for new product development.
Our team is creating highly innovative new products with an eager, established global customer base. We look for well-rounded software engineers and professionals who are capable of following and managing the overall development process, which includes requirement analysis, software design and development, software evaluation, documentation, software testing, bug fixing and fire fighting. Our work environment is informal, collaborative and supportive of individual growth in talent, leadership and autonomy.
As a Senior Software Engineer the successful candidate will:
- Act as a key member of the software development team contributing to the development of a new, exciting and comprehensive geometry creation, manipulation and management software that will revolutionize the overall engineering design process.
- Utilize software architecture skills to design and develop robust software with high performance, quality, efficiency, reliability and smooth interaction between various software components.
- Take initiative in conceptualizing and developing product specification, designing, developing and testing software, and be a project lead to efficiently manage the project and other project participants for its successful delivery within stipulated timeframe.
- Collaborate effectively with all the highly motivated and talented product contributors, including the members of the software development team, product management team, quality assurance team and the field engineers.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- 5 years experience designing and developing commercial software for computational geometry, 3D modeling, visualization and finite element preprocessing and/or analysis packages.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- A strong background in designing and developing complex commercial software systems, including knowledge of OOD and component based design concepts.
- Experience with and appreciation for operating within a professional software development process with the appropriate checks and balances.
- Solid English verbal/written communication skills
Additional Skills & Experience: (experience with some of the following is desirable):
- Expertise in computer graphics and Graphical User Interface (GUI) Design.
- Experience with GUI and Graphics packages like Qt and HOOPS.
- Mesh generation techniques/toolkits.
- Experience with developing scripting interfaces preferably using Python.
- Experience with geometry/CAD translation, software development and usage.
- Geometry kernels (e.g. ACIS, Parasolid, CGAL, Granite, CGM), commercial MCAD software (e.g. CATIA, ProE, UG), and standard geometry formats (JT, IGES, STEP, NASTRAN).
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer