Working as part of a collaborative, growing Finance organization, the Senior Revenue Accountant will support all aspects of the revenue cycle, focusing on the interpretation of GAAP standards and development and implementation of policy and practice guidelines. The position also has specific responsibility for defining, setting the standards for and delivering financial support to Sales and Operations for revenue transactions with customers. This position will also interact directly with our external auditors to support our quarterly reviews and the annual audit. The position reports to the Associate Controller, Revenue.
In this role, you will:
- Review order entry data to ensure the proper revenue recognition treatment is set up in accordance with contracts and properly maintained in NetSuite, including contract modifications
- Prepare billing and payment applications, along with managing overdue receivables
- Assist in administering the royalty program, including royalty reporting to vendors, accounting accruals and payment schedules for all royalty arrangements.
- Assist in administering the global commission program, including management of commission agreements, statements, calculations of commission accruals and payments
- Prepare journal entries to support the monthly close activities
- Perform regular account reconciliations, and provide other analyses as requested
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits and compliance testing
- Assist the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance process related to financial reporting and disclosures with the revenue, commissions and royalties processes
- Perform general day-to-day accounting activities and ad-hoc analyses
- Support IT in development and upgrades of revenue related systems
You have proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working cross-functionally with finance and other business units. You have in depth knowledge of GAAP accounting, specific to a high growth public company and experience in software revenue recognition. You are adaptable and are eager to proactively remain abreast of current industry standards and trends.
Qualifications will include:
- BS with concentration in Accounting required
- 3+ years of accounting experience either with a Public Accounting firm or in high-growth publicly traded company
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and strong familiarity with software revenue recognition guidelines (SOP 97-2 and/or ASC 606)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including discretion, tact and courtesy
- CPA distinction (preferred, not required)
- NetSuite experience (preferred, not required)
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title Associate Controller of Revenue Recognition in the subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer