Exa Corporation is looking for a high-energy candidate to join our Aerospace Airframe application team. Reporting to the Senior Technical Director of Airframe Applications, the Senior Application Engineer will have technical responsibility for one or more complete projects for customer accounts in the fields of acoustics, aerodynamics and thermal applications. The position should evolve into a Technical Lead in the coming years and the candidate will help shape the commercial strategy.
- Development of strategic business initiatives with the sales team and field leadership
- Identification of opportunities to take advantage of PowerFLOW to improve customer products and ensure overall customer success
- Work cooperatively with the technical and sales team on “Proof-of-Concept” projects to demonstrate value and build confidence for new customer applications
- Build rapport with key decision makers to develop technical sponsors at assigned accounts.
- Methodology development tasks in applying Lattice Boltzmann Methods to airframe applications
- Lead major projects and interactions with assigned accounts to solve challenging multi-disciplinary design problems using Exa’s PowerFLOW software solutions.
- Provide analysis allowing customers to optimize designs to meet technical requirements.
- MS (preferably PhD) in Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in applied CFD (computational fluid dynamics) in a product development environment
- Solid knowledge of fluid dynamic fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of CFD applications for Airframe OEMs with strong focus on aeroacoustics and aerodynamics
- Experience providing customer support, consulting, or related customer facing activities
- Strong project leadership and customer relationship management
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding English verbal and written communication skills
- Working permit (green card holder or US nationality)
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% domestic)
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title: Senior Application Engineer in the Subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer