Exa Corporation is a $60M+ public company [Nasdaq:EXA] and global innovator of the world’s most advanced fluids simulation software for Computer Aided Engineering (CAE). Exa Corporation seeks an experienced Principal / Senior Software Engineer with strong programming skills in C++ and in a scripting language such as Python to work on new product development within a small team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- own the design and development of features from beginning to end,
- use a variety of technologies to implement your designs ranging from databases to graphical user interfaces, and
- use contemporary software methodologies such as Agile Development to implement your designs.
We are particularly interested in candidates that have a background developing interactive graphical programs for engineering or scientific applications. Responsibilities for this position include working with Customers, Exa Engineers, and Program Managers to design and implement solutions that help engineers generate and assimilate the results of complex multi-discipline simulations such as under-hood cooling and flow-induced noise in automobiles. Exa’s suite of fluids simulation (CAE/CFD) solutions for product engineering are critical to the business success of our 60+ OEM customers around the world.
Product Development Team: As a member of Exa’s software development team, you will be working on PowerFLOW Studio. This is a new, high visibility product that will consolidate Exa's pre-processing, post-processing, and run submission/monitoring tools into one integrated environment with a focus on multi-run projects, multi-run analysis and design optimization studies. PowerFLOW Studio will provide a platform for future additions to Exa’s technology portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience with design and architecture of multi-component software applications, and the drive and intuitive ability to make outstanding decisions.
We’re at the early stages of designing and implementing PowerFLOW Studio. The tool will have a variety of major capabilities, including data visualization, database access, remote job execution, support for design optimization studies, and job management controls. In these projects, a particular emphasis will be placed on usability (intuitive controls and user work-flow), performance (CPU & memory usage, file I/O, etc.), and extensibility.
- BS or MS in Computer Science with three to ten years experience, or equivalent
- Sound programming skills using C++ and Object Oriented Programming
- Experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces using a high-level GUI toolkit such as Qt, wxWidgets, or MFC
- Intellectual curiosity - regardless of your background, you will enjoy the opportunity to continually learn new technologies and problem domains
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment and a strong desire to learn
- Strong English written/verbal communication skills, good presentation skills and the ability to write technical specifications
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously
Valuable Additional Skills and Experience:
- Experience with current software development methodologies such as Agile, Design Patterns, and UML.
- Experience with one or more high-level interpreted languages such as Python, C# and Ruby
- Development experience for both Windows and Linux-based platforms
- Familiarity with mechanical CAD or CAE applications
Exa’s work environment is informal, collaborative, and supportive of individual growth in talent and leadership. If you are an ambitious team player with keen technical skills and a desire to continue learning new technologies, while working in a fast paced environment, this may be the place for you.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer