The goal of this role is to produce high value sales qualified leads each month that increases the revenue of the company. This position is an integral part of the sales and marketing Lead to Revenue machine and initiates the relationship between the company and prospects. This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop leads and opportunities from multiple sources including prospect lists, numerous marketing campaigns, and individual research. This role reports to the VP of Marketing and will have significant collaboration with the Sales and Marketing teams. The role is based in our Burlington headquarters.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding monthly sales qualified lead objectives and quotas
- Research specific market segments to build prospect lists of target account
- Perform thorough needs assessment and identify prospects pain points to determine how company’s solutions address those needs.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow up qualification in order to move opportunities into the sales funnel.
- Follow-up on specific marketing campaigns to generate sales qualified leads.
- Conduct outbound telemarketing activities against targeted accounts, prospect lists, and other call campaigns.
- Maintain accurate records of all activities in the CRM system (SalesForce.com).
- Promote database cleanup and hygiene through regular and ongoing maintenance activities.
- Conduct research to expand prospect list using LinkedIn, Twitter and other methods
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2 years of sales, marketing or business development experience is required.
- 1+ Years of Software Sales experience preferred;
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal, written, and active listening).
- Drive, conscientiousness and perseverance to conduct outbound contacts daily.
- A dynamic “hunter” personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential
- Team oriented with ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: Business Development Representative
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer