Terms: Full Time [12+ months] preferred
Location: Burlington, MA
Start Date: Spring/Summer 2017
Outstanding opportunity for BS, MS or PhD student to be part of a Biofluidics team working on-site at Exa’s world headquarters in metro Boston (Burlington, MA). In this position, you will be part of the Biofluidics team in Exa Physics Research & Development department, a world class group of researchers in the fields of Lattice Boltzmann and Turbulence Modeling. Exa’s suite of innovative software simulation products impacts how Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) is used in many industrial settings worldwide.
In this role, you will report and work with Biofluidics staff, researching algorithms for cutting edge computational geometry, image processing and CFD methods in their application to computational hemodynamics. You will receive training and be expected to become a proficient developer within the Biofluidics related software.
- Maintain, refine and augment the Biofluidics, internal pre and post processing software, as well as adding new functionalities or creating new analysis and processing tools, based on requests and feedback from the Biofluidics staff and others at Exa.
- Provide assistance to Biofluidics staff for various development and validation needs by setting up and performing numerical tests, doing data analysis and creating reports in a timely manner.
- Potential to expand to other technical development opportunities depending on candidate’s ability and performance.
Education & Requirements:
- Enrolled in BS, MS or PhD degree program in Computer Science, Mathematics Physics, Engineering or related field. Recent graduates will be considered.
- Solid knowledge of Python and/or C++
- Basic knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Solid English written/verbal communication
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work effectively in fast paced team environment.
- Unix, Linux operating systems
For immediate consideration, please send your resume with Job Title: Biofluidics Engineer Intern in subject line to email@example.com.