|Candidates:||MSME Students or Recent MSME Graduates|
|Interests:||Computational Fluid Dynamics / Fluid Mechanics|
|Terms:||Full Time Internship - 6 Months or more|
|Start Date:||Winter / Spring 2017|
|Location:||Burlington, MA (Metro Boston Technology Suburbs)|
Exa Corporation is seeking MSME engineering students or recent graduates to fill Application Engineering internships in our Burlington, MA (metro Boston) location. You will report directly to an Application Engineer working in the Aeroacoustics Application Management Group. We are interested in candidates with experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) particularly motivated in learning more about simulation geometry and pre-processing. You will receive training and be expected to become a proficient user of PowerFLOW, Exa’s flagship product, and its related pre- and post-analysis tools.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an application engineering management team working on-site at Exa’s world headquarters in metro Boston (Burlington, MA). Exa’s suite of innovative software simulation products impacts how Computational Fluid Dynamics is used in many industrial settings worldwide.
As an Application Engineer Intern you will:
- Assist Application Engineers in preparing complex 3-D geometry models able to support accurate transient CFD simulations
- Gain extensive experience with commercial CFD pre-processing software
- Develop innovative ideas and concepts to improve the pre-processing process
- Create training material and communicate results
The successful candidates will be driven for excellence, have high aptitude for communication and be able to work in a team environment. This position offers great opportunities to learn as much as you are capable of handling about the geometry & simulation process giving access to advanced knowledge in application management and engineering.
- Enrolled in MS program in Mechanical Engineering, Aerodynamics, Physics or related discipline. Recent MS graduates will be considered.
- Course/lab experience using CAE Tools.
- Strong CAD experience.
- UNIX Skills, Script programming and experience with complex graphics tools.
- Strong desire for continuous learning.
- Good English written/verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work effectively in fast paced team environment.
Benefits: Hourly wage rate and free 24/7 on-site Fitness Club membership; access to on-site amenities recreation center, golf practice green and full service cafeterias. Located 18 miles from Boston with extensive social, cultural, educational and recreational resources for great work/life balance.
*Current US Work Authorization Required* For immediate consideration, please send your resume with Job Title: Application Engineer Intern - CFD in subject line to email@example.com.