Candidates: MSCS Students or Recent MSCS Graduates
Interests: Automation / Computational Fluid Dynamics / Fluid Mechanics
Terms: Full Time Internship - 6 Months or more
Start Date: Fall 2017
Location: San Francisco, CA (Brisbane)
Exa Corporation is seeking MSCS engineering students or recent graduates to fill Application Engineering internships in our San Francisco, CA (Brisbane) location. You will report directly to an Application Engineer working in the Thermal Management team. We are interested in candidates with experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) particularly motivated in learning more about automating aerothermal computational processes and thermal applications. You will receive training and be expected to become a proficient user of PowerFLOW, Exa’s flagship product, and its related pre- and post-analysis tools as well as python scripting.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an application engineering management team working on-site at Exa’s field office in San Francisco (Brisbane, CA). Exa’s suite of innovative software simulation products impacts how Computational Fluid Dynamics is used in many industrial settings worldwide.
As an Application Engineer Intern you will:
- Gain extensive experience with commercial CFD pre-processing and post-processing software
- Develop innovative ideas and concepts to automate the simulation methodologies
- Assist Application Engineers in preparing complex 3-D geometry models able to support accurate transient CFD simulations
- Create training material and communicate results
The successful candidates will be driven for excellence, have high aptitude for communication and be able to work individually and in a team environment. This position offers great opportunities to learn as much as you are capable of handling about the automation of pre and post-processes of commercial simulation giving access to advanced knowledge in automation and engineering.
- Enrolled in MS program in Computer Science, CFD, Automation, or related discipline. Recent MS graduates will be considered.
- Course/lab experience using CAE Tools, CFD, automation, and scripting.
- UNIX Skills, script programming, and experience with complex graphics tools.
- Strong desire for continuous learning.
- Good English written/verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to work effectively individually and in a fast paced team environment.
*Current US Work Authorization Required* For immediate consideration, please send your resume with Job Title: Application Engineer Intern - CFD in subject line to Jobsinternthermal@exa.com.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer