Exa Corporation (NASDAQ: EXA) continues to expand and is actively hiring application engineers to join our growing team to support Fortune 500 customers in the ground transportation industry. We are particularly interested in candidates that have the drive and ability to work directly with major OEM customers and develop and optimize design solutions to solve complex aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermal technical challenges using Exa’s industry-leading simulation software.
As an Application Engineer on the Heavy Vehicle North American Team you will have the opportunity to develop your technical and client management skills for a successful career at Exa. Primary responsibilities include:
- Technical Consulting: Become an expert in Exa’s PowerFLOW software to develop and present strong technical analysis and design recommendations to customers with real-world problems.
- Pre-Sales Support: Work cooperatively with the technical and sales team on advanced “Proof-of-Concept” projects to demonstrate value, build confidence, and increase demand for Exa’s simulations.
- Customer Support: Provide training expertise and the use of best practices for heavy vehicle applications to support customers, while providing feedback to Exa’s product and application management teams.
Career Tracks and Development:
The Application Engineer position provides an excellent foundation for rewarding work and significant career advancement. Career tracks can include:
- Technical Specialist: Aerodynamics, Thermal Management, Aeroacoustics
- Account Management: Technical Account Manager or Sales Executive
- Technical & Marketing Management: Application Management, Product Management
Exa is a customer driven company that requires dedicated entrepreneurial individuals with the talent and flexibility to accomplish its aggressive goals. If you are an ambitious team player with keen technical skills and a desire to continue learning new technologies, while working in a fast-paced environment, this may be the place for you!
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of fluid dynamics fundamentals
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Strong desire for continuous learning
- Ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a team of experienced professionals
- Willingness to travel (up to 10% domestic) after training
- Familiarity with common CAD or CAE applications
- Familiarity with physical test methods (i.e. wind tunnel testing or dyno testing)
- Experience with Linux based operating systems and scripting is a plus
- Experience with numerical optimization methods is a plus
- Native or fluent French speaking ability is an added plus
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: Application Engineer – Highway in the Subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer