Exa Corporation seeks a highly motivated individual for an applications engineering position within the Aeroacoustics team. This group is responsible for developing and deploying PowerFLOW simulation methodologies for aeroacoustics applications including vehicle wind noise, vehicle buffeting, fan noise, and HVAC noise. This Opportunity is for the Detroit office location.
Role & Responsibilities:
As an Aeroacoustics Applications Engineer you will:
- Be responsible for simulation methodology development and detailed validation studies that compare PowerFLOW simulation results to experimental test data.
- Carry out general validation engineering tasks including setting up simulation cases, administering the runs, collecting and analyzing results, carrying out technical research, writing up analyses, and preparing presentations of results.
- Collaborate with the field teams to deploy aeroacoustics applications in customer projects for both accuracy validation and productive use demonstration.
- Interact with the development team for product testing of new capabilities, and development of prototypes for new or enhanced functionality.
- Be a member of a cohesive and highly collaborative group whose mission is to develop and deploy industry-leading solutions for an expanding range of aeroacoustics applications.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- MS. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field.
- 1-3 years of academic research and/or industry experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of fluid dynamics fundamentals and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Background in aerodynamics / aeroacoustics (knowledge of automotive applications is a plus).
- Experience in using complex computational tools effectively.
- Strong oral communication skills in English and good presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Script programming ability and unix/linux skills.
- Automotive or aerospace industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with complex graphics tools is a plus.
- Ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a team of experienced professionals.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title: Aeroacoustics Application Engineer in the Subject line.
Exa Corporation is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disability Employer